This is the privacy statement of Switchfolie BV. In this statement, we explain how and for which purposes we process personal data. We also explain which right you have as a consumer.
- Switchfolie BV respects the privacy of all visitors to its websites switchfoil.com, of its (potential) relations and of its (potential) customers.
- We handle your personal data with the utmost care.
- We will not sell, trade, or share your data with parties who are not in any way related to our services.
- And yes, we comply with the requirements that are established in the Dutch data protection legislation at all times.
Which personal data is processed?
Switchfolie BV processes your personal data because you use our services or because you have contacted us, for example via our contact form or by email. We only process personal data that you disclose to us yourself or when it is obtained by us through the cookies we place (or have placed).
Below you will find an overview of the personal data we process in any case:
- Name contact person;
- Email address contact person;
- Phone number if this is entered;
- Other information that you give us voluntarily.
What happens if you don't want to share your details?
You are under no obligation to share your personal data with us. However, we cannot execute our services without having the disposal of certain information, for example the details we use to enter into a contract with you for the execution of our services or to send you our newsletter.
For which purposes do we process data and on which grounds?
Switchfolie BV processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send our newsletter;
- To contact you in relation to our services;
- To inform you about changes with respect to our services and products; and
- To deliver our services at your address;
We process your personal data based on one of the grounds mentioned below:
- When it is necessary for the execution of our services;
- When you have given your permission to process your personal data; or
- When we have a justified interest in the processing of your personal data.
In some cases, you have already disclosed your personal data to us without being obliged to do so. This can be in preparation of a contract.
We have a justified interest to process your personal data. This can be, for example, for direct marketing purposes or for the benefit of our ordinary course of business such as credit management. If you have any objections to this, please let us know. We will then again weigh up your interests against our interests.
How long do we retain your personal data?
Switchfolie BV will not store your personal data any longer than strictly necessary in order for us to realise the objectives for which your personal data is collected. What does that mean? The following retention periods apply for the most common data:
Type of data
Retention period and reason
The general visitor details are stored for no longer than one year. The details you have given us to enable contact by phone will be stored until the contact has taken place (unless you are now a customer!).
The personal data which were entered onto our web forms will be automatically deleted from the database of our website after 3 months.
2 years after the termination of the collaboration
7 years pursuant to the statutory obligations laid down by the Dutch Tax Authorities.
Do we share this data?
Yes, but not indiscriminately. Switchfolie BV only shares your personal data with third parties when this is required for the execution of the contract and to comply with possible statutory obligations. We enter into a data processing agreement with those companies that we authorise to process your data. In doing this, we guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality for your details as provided by us. And rest assured, Switchfolie BV will remain responsible for this processing.
How do we secure your personal data?
Switchfolie BV secures your personal data to prevent that these details will be lost or fall into the wrong hands. Some of the measures we have taken are:
- the securing of our website with an SSL certificate. This SSL certificate ensures that your details, for example when you contact us via a contact form, are sent in an encrypted form.
- we use the most recent software and a firewall;
- our computers are secured by a password for which we maintain a strict password policy:
- your personal data can only be accessed by authorised personnel/third parties; and,
- as we already said: we have data processing agreements with the authorised third parties that process your personal data.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You are entitled to view, edit or delete your personal data at all times. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your permission for the processing of your data or to object to the processing of your personal data by Switchfolie BV. In some cases, you are also entitled to data portability. This means that you can request us to send a computer file containing personal data we have of you to yourself or to a third party, to be named by you.
You can send such a request or a notification of objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be sure that the request for inspection has been made by you personally, we ask you to include a copy of your identification document. When you send us this copy, we advise you to blacken your passport photo, the MRZ (machine readable zone – the line with numbers at the bottom of the page of the passport), the document number and citizen service (BSN) number. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than within four weeks.
If you have any complaints about the way we process personal data, we kindly ask you to let us know as soon as possible. Needless to say that we hope to settle the matter quickly and to your satisfaction. Switchfolie BV also would like to inform you that complaints can be filed with the national regulatory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
The regulations regarding the protection of personal data may constantly evolve. This is why we retain the right to adjust our privacy statement accordingly. We advise you to check this statement regularly.
Version October 2018